The goal of the Williamsburg Northside Schools Parent Association (PA) is to build and encourage a united parent community and to provide a network of communication between families, teachers and the school administration. The PA is committed to supporting the WNS philosophy of education, which encourages students to be lifelong learners and responsible citizens who are prepared to meet the challenges of the academic and social world in which they live.
An essential role of the PA is to organize events and raise funds for the PA diversity scholarship and hardship funds. These events also provide opportunities to meet other parents and staff more informally.
As a parent or guardian of a WNS student, you are automatically a member of the PA, and you are very welcome and encouraged to join in all the activities that the PA sponsors. You can put yourself forward as a class parent at the start of the year; contribute to the efforts in planning events, volunteering your time and talent; and/or join any of the PA Committees to lend a helping hand and voice. However you choose to be involved, we hope you will find the PA to be a welcoming community that supports you and your family. Please feel free to contact your class parent, or any PA Officer, with questions or comments. You can also contact Jade McLachlan and Ali Karshan, PA co-Presidents 2015-16 at email@example.com.
THE PURPOSE OF THE WNS PA IS TO:
• foster a warm, welcoming and collaborative environment which promotes involvement and inclusiveness for all WNS families;
• facilitate communication between parents and the school administration;
• raise funds through various activities and events for the PA Diversity Scholarship and Hardship Funds;
• support the school’s efforts in achieving optimum, rewarding and inspiring outcomes for all students; and,
• positively impact the school community and environment.
HOW YOU CAN HELP AND GET INVOLVED!
• Volunteer to help with an event.
• Attend school events and PA meetings.
• Join any of the PA Committees.
WHY JOIN THE PA?
• More informed and connected parents. Parents involved in the PA understand the challenges that the school faces, and become part of the solution. And the best way to keep properly informed about what’s going on in the school is to be part of the PA: an excellent forum to hear of plans, and to exchange ideas for the future.
• Creates a strong community. The PA and its events are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, and build rapport and friendships.
• Boosts children’s well-being. The PA focuses on what students need in order to be successful in school, including the benefits of good nutrition and health, school safety, enrichment etc.
• Supports academic progress. Research has proven that children do better in school when parents are involved in the success of the school.
• Enhances the school. The PA plays a critical part in fundraising for the PA Diversity Scholarship Fund, which promotes diversity in our school and an all-encompassing environment for our students.